Saturday, October 18, 2014

Where has the time gone!


snowy-bush-640I just heard a weather report stating that this winter should be much less harsh than last year and I hope it works out that way.  The cooler weather has made me aware of just how un-ready I am for another Chicago style winter.   I will be very happy if it turns out that it is a bit warmer than last year but either way I will survive (no pun intended).   My body is having trouble adjusting to the cooler weather and it isn't really cold yet.   If we get a warmer winter it will most likely mean more snow.  I guess we just can't win.  Of course those in the south don't have to worry about all of this winter stuff.
hockey1-650
But there are positives about winter and one that really comes to mind is hockey.  Of all the winter sports hockey is at the top of my list for one very important reason - at my age it is a spectator sport that I can enjoy indoors (Am I spoiled or what?).  Some members of my family really like hockey indoors or out and it is a blast to go to the games with them.  I really look forward to watching the younger one while watching the local professional games between bytes of their snack foods.
So we will bear down (Chicago term) and take the winter as it comes be it mild or harsh after all what other choice do we have.   And yes even though it is just mid-October we are thinking about winter.
On the home front my bride is continuing to recover from her 2nd hip replacement of the same hip.  This time she is not feeling the internal movement like after the first surgery.   The surgeon used a different configuration of components that lock in place and put in a retaining ring to keep everything in place.  Then it was screwed into the hip socket as an additional safety measure.
Being a caring and thoughtful husband I have been teasing her about being 'screwed'.  I just couldn't pass on this one.  She has a great sense of humor and took it like a champ.  Her initial reply was 'Damn, and I missed it!'.  What a woman.
I hope you and your family are safe and warm this fall.  May you have a joyful Halloween season.   BOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment